CASE STUDY: THE IMPACT OF PSMA PET/CT FOR INITIAL STAGING
PSMA PET/CT for Initial Staging – PATIENT CASE STUDY 01
- 70 y/o male with newly diagnosed prostate cancer, Gleason 4+4, PSA 5.28 ng/ml.
- PSMA PET/CT ordered to initially stage the patient to improve the sensitivity of anatomical-based imaging.
Impact of PSMA PET/CT:
- Focal intense uptake was noted in the prostate bed with no nodal uptake noted.
- Solitary rib uptake with associated sclerosis (fibrous uptake).
- The solitary rib uptake should not preclude definitive management, especially in the setting of absent nodal uptake.
Shields PET/CT is proud to lead the way, bringing advanced PSMA imaging to your patients. Our experienced clinical team works with you to improve the treatment, care and outcomes for intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancer.